Friday, April 8, 2011

Starla Koehler’s Post

These teabags are so creative! This "Tpod" is a design concept by Soos in an effort to keep from having to burn your fingers because the tea tag has fallen into the tea. So, they have a useful idea, but then took a few extra steps to develop it into a great design. They not only incorporated an interesting and whimsical design into the tea tags, but also the packaging of the teabags which mimics the shapes and angles of the tag. I also like that they stuck with just green, continuing to keep the design very sleek and simple, yet engaging. Although this isn't for everyone, I think it is clear that their target market is made up of tea lovers looking for something new. It seems that this design is so effective that people (myself included) would give the tea a try just because of its design, even if I ended up disliking the taste, it would be well worth the purchase!



4 comments:

  1. I like this design a lot--mainly because of Soos' strong execution of it. I also like that the design is simple and yet serves a useful purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I like about this is the design takes a familiar concept and gives it a fun twist to it. I love the idea of taking something ordinary that is used almost every day and making it into something extraordinary - thats what creativity is about and these tea bags do exactly that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another feature I like (even though I'm not as much of a tea drinker as some) is that the green pod would logically give the customer an easy way of storing and disposing of the tea bag when he/she is finished with it. Also, the long design of the pod and the green color seem to allude to the natural design of a "peapod" (also, Tpod rhymes with peapod). This might be obvious, but no one's commented on it, so I guess I'll plant the flag.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHHH!
    I love this! Ill randomly buy stuff in stores merely because of their packaging or concept. I bought Starbucks Via merely because I loved their packaging. I would not only buy this because of the simple packaging, but why wouldnt I want my own little fleet of paper boats when I open the cupboard to get tea?

    ReplyDelete