Thursday, March 3, 2011

Trent Chopski’s

So when I think about design I don’t think about logos or posters. I think about band tee designs which may be more illustration than design however I see it as design. A group named Attack Attack has always been the first to catch my eye with the designs of their tees. They seem to always use an extreme animated animal with crazy bubble letter type for their name.

This first tee is my favorite designed band tee of all time. The illustrated bear really grabs your attention, then the type just draws you in even more. Also like the added effect of the blue lightning bolts in the background. The other two shirts by Attack Attack also use bright colors and extreme exaggeration of usually perceived as vicious animals to give off the aura of Attack Attack.

Some may refer to them as illustrations but band tees are the type of designs I love. They do something that posters could really benefit from doing.





1 comment:

  1. This is such a different kind of design than what I'm used to looking at. I like it and I can't imagine the amount of work that goes into creating a shirt like that. Definitely something that I never want to try (simply because I am convinced that I would fail at it...). Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete