Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Cougan Hobbs’ Post

I wanted to share the site lookslikegooddesign.com. Although it seems like a large popular website, I felt like it needed sharing. The site has the options to view design in multiple categories from Graphic Design and Architecture, to Fashion and Illustration. The site is basically composed of 2 or 3 colors with a bare 2 font design. I love how simple and clean everything is. The straight lines and bright color paired with the dark background allows the subject art to pop out and be the main attraction. It feels like I have looked through a million different websites but none seem to compare to this one. I could spend hours just browsing through new ideas and wild inspiration.




5 comments:

  1. This website does have a good feel to it. I've never been to it before, but I think it could be inspirational in the future. I have a problem with not appreciating good web design until I go to a terribly designed, tacky site. This is a good refresher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the slick lay out of it. It has a very nice easy transfer or information from one category to another. There is pretty much no chance of getting lost here. Along with the simple layout, the images are crisp and large and it makes it even more easily viewable for viewers of all kinds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the cleanliness of this website. As Savanna said, I tend to agree that good web design tends to be something that I don't appreciate or pay enough attention to. I had never been to this site before, but I really enjoyed browsing it briefly... I added it to a tabbed folder for future reference and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This site is legit. It's pretty humorous how blunt it is but it's got a pretty flippen high quality layout. I'm not big on yellow....I rather hate the color, but they execute it quite nicely on here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome website. nice layout, and i like the variety of types of design on here. I'm also not a huge fan of the yellow, especially with the black. It just looks industrial, or like a caution sign or something, but the content makes up for the website design itself.

    ReplyDelete