Sunday, April 22, 2012

Chelsey Rogers‘ Post


So, I am a closet football fan.  I sit here in my #18 Manning Jersey (I'll miss you Peyton...) and I have found a really cool website.




This site has all of the NFL teams logo/insignias redesigned "that pay tribute to each team's history and geography in a period-specific aesthetic that glorifies the Vince Lombardi-era over the Cold-Activated-era. This is not an exercise in nostalgia but an interpretation of the league's founding principles through the symbols that we, as football fans, identify with most."

I personally like the new insignia for the Colts better than the one they use now.  http://gridiron-league.com/INDIANAPOLIS



Enjoy, even if your not a football fan, the design is so clean and fresh, you'll enjoy that aspect for sure, and I bet it will even make you want to watch a game!

Chelsey

7 comments:

  1. I also love to look at design and sports and agree completely with what he is trying to do. There is too much swooshing and swooping going on right now. I also like his comment about "black for black's sake." But I sometimes wonder if we're reacting against what was trendy in 1992 and replacing it with what is trendy in 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore these logos. The color choice is superb, and each of the designs intrigue me. I love the clean look and the logos have a strong connection to the sport team that they represent. Awesome post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these logos! There is a lot diversity considering the content, and the colors are really perfect. Well done. It is a great reminder of how relevant design is everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Logos are so interesting. Especially sports logos. They capture the nature of the teams so well and when people see them, they know exactly what they are getting. Just makes logo design so intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it is so cool how all of these logos really capture who each team is and their individual backgrounds. Growing up in a home full of football fans, I really appreciate the detail that is included in these logos. The logos really do what a logo is meant to!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all really nice and like you said, very clean. I really like the texture that is in each of them. very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cleanness of these logos work really well. The typography and color choice is nice touch. Even though they are simple logos the design makes them all bold and strong pieces.

    ReplyDelete