Monday, October 31, 2011

Roberto Davila Navarrete’s Post

After looking through different campaigns and designs. I found this one and it caught my attention right away. At the beginning I thought it was just an arm but then as I payed more attention to it I realize what the concept really was. This ad is about abuse and I think it really gets the message across. I like the simplicity of the design and the fact that it's so simple I think it makes it stronger. This is a powerful design because once you understand the concept you realize how important its to help preventing this. Another cool thing about this design its that I think that it can be use in a lot of ways. You can do t-shirts, posters, banners, even a statue, possibilities are endlessly with this design. Finally I really like that this ad does not need a lot of information because everything is being said with the design. Overall I think this is an awesome and powerful design that I wish I have done it.


7 comments:

  1. Oh wow. I didn't get it until I started reading through your post and caught the "At the beginning I thought it was just an arm." That's a really powerful poster! It's just kind of awkward when you realize what it's talking about, and I think there's power in that. They immediately connect with the audience as they realize the simple message being conveyed in such a simple and intentional design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great way to create awareness. This simple design is so powerful. It is concerning an uncomfortable issue that isn't discussed often, so it's good that this design is so blunt and straight to the point. It draws me in and I definitely want to read the information at the bottom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw both the hand and the legs when i first looked at this poster. I did not know what it was for at first though. It seemed like a very odd poster at first. After reading about what it's for it makes a lot of sense. And it is quite disturbing. It does a very good job of communicating the idea behind the poster. It definitely raises awareness about the subject at hand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow. This is a really powerful poster. It's so simple but the simplicity just stuns me. It's so effective and well designed. I really like how honest it is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow. This is definitely very impacting and shocking. At first, I didn't see the legs but I wanted to keep looking to find out what it was about. And once I saw the legs, the message becomes really clear. They obviously didn't need much text for the viewer to understand the message. This is definitely a very effective social awareness piece.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this piece. I love great use of negative space and full bleed design. Plus, this design is simply shocking and effective. It is definitely getting a message across.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This poster is very interesting to me. It very boldly points out a major issue, but I'm torn on how I feel about it. The artist in me thinks it's a great design and very effectively shocks people and evokes a reaction. But, on the other hand, the normal citizen part of me definitely feels that it is so blunt and crude in its design that it is almost inappropriate. I'm just glad I wasn't the person that had to decide whether or not to cross that line.

    ReplyDelete