Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Morgan Henson’s Post

I have always been fascinated by solely Typographic media. It’s likely I that I lean more toward type-focused logos and projects because I’ve never been great at drawing my own pictures so MY projects are typographic. Personally, I think the most creative works are typographic based and I am always impressed by the simplicity and beauty of them. Here are a couple examples of my favorites.

I used this one in my sketchbook already, but the Upside Down Productions logo is beautiful! At first glance the words are perfectly decipherable, but at a closer look it the letters are ACTUALLY UPSIDE DOWN! I was amazed. Some, like the ‘s’ are just the letter flipped upside down, but some are actual letters, like the ‘u’ made of an ‘n’ or the ‘d’ made from a ‘p’. When flipped the correct way, the letters are actually ‘umop episdn.’

Another lovely example of a good typographic logo is the Time Timewatch logo. The ‘t’ is made to look like a number on a digital clock, while the ‘I’ creates the semicolon between the hours and minutes. It is effective because it is easily read while still conveying the message of time. So creative!



2 comments:

  1. I really like typographic logos. Especially ones that are well done like the "upside down" logo. If a typographic logo is well done then it is a very powerful thing. The simplicity of the logo is great, yet it is so clever. The "timewatch" logo is harder for me to see. I definitely like the upside down logo more. It's so simple yet so ingenious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These logos are definitely interesting. Typographic logos are very cool. I really like the t:me one. It is a clever use of a common sight to spell a word. It does a very good job of giving added meaning to the word.

    ReplyDelete