Thursday, December 9, 2010

Dana Holroyd’s Post


Bas Brand Identity, a Swedish firm, created the packaging for Garant's line of herring. I chose this product to discuss, because I think it is important to keep in mind that we won’t always have projects to work on that are aesthetically pleasing. I think that the designers for this product were very successful in creating a pleasing design, for an unpleasing product. I think that if I saw this on the self it would catch my eye, strictly for the design. On an earlier post it was mentioned that, “Good design can make a mediocre product sell well.” I think that in order for this product to sell well, it would be very important to have a successful design. I don’t think that this design is extremely visually pleasing, but I think that the designers were successful in solving the solution for the product. It is very simple, but still visually pleasing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment