Monday, October 4, 2010

Dry Soda Co.

Thank you Anna Carol for your post. 


As I was examining the Dry Soda Co. website, I noticed their logo. It is a simple and clean typographic logo with a subtle concept which uses a play-on-words. Dry is spelled out and uses a water droplet shape as it’s negative space. Their concept is simple yet communicates the idea that the soda has a “dry flavor” while being a liquid. If their target audience is the wine connoisseur than their logo speaks well to the audience’s refined palette.

2 comments:

  1. I love this company because their logo is so clever! At first glance this just looks like a typographic logo, but upon second glance you see a raindrop in the D. If I saw this on a shelf in the grocery store, I would want to get closer to the logo to see if it was actually a raindrop or if my mind was playing tricks on me. Although the logo isn't in color and is very simplistic, it still draws the consumer in and is very memorable because it is clean, centered, and readable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy the logo when it is implemented as it is on the bottle (http://www.greenlivingnewsletter.com/_images08/oct-soda.jpg), running length wise. As it is here, i think it feels a little funny here with the trademark symbol and the period kind of lining up but not and being as they are two different sized circles it just feels funny... that is not to say that I do not like the idea of the logo, i love it, but i think it works better as it is on the bottles themselves.

    ReplyDelete