Saturday, March 10, 2012

Jose Garcia’s Post

I found a fun game for you (http://type.method.ac/).

Instructions:
Your mission is simple: achieve pleasant and readable text by distributing the space between letters. Typographers call this activity kerning. Your solution will be compared to a typographer's solution, and you will be given a score depending on how close you nailed it. Good luck!

They are the actual instructions of this game. I think, it is a great game.

We as designers, we have to deal with typography in our work, so this is a great game to challenge your kerning sense.

7 comments:

  1. I scored 100 on this game. Give it a try. It is fun.

    Todd

    ReplyDelete
  2. I scored 99. I love kerning. It's just fun to make a word look its best and I just love type anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a pretty cool way to get used to the idea of kerning things. Sometimes it becomes easy to forget a word or two until you print them out and notice the spacing is terrible! lol.

    Great find.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this!! This helps so much, can help train an eye for kerning, something I feel that I still need to work on. I just wish they had more words to play with, its actually really fun! Words are fun and making them look nice is beginning to grow on me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. well, I only got an 88 but it was fun and actually pretty helpful : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did this test twice because the first time I was surprised that I scored an 91; kerning isn't my specialty. The second time I scored a 88 which is more my speed. But this is a neat little tool to help improve that! I learned that I don't have an eye for bold typefaces but it's still a fun game.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great game! I scored 91. It's nice that it shows you what you did wrong, so you can learn from it. Very helpful!

    ReplyDelete