Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Grady Truitt’s Post

For any designer, I think it is important to have a way to present your work to clients. Though you could have a portfolio on Facebook or Flickr, I believe that the best way to present your work is to have your own website. Every deigned should have a website that they can use to display their work and advertise their business. Because the website is part of the business, I think that it is important that the website is specifically designed to display your work in the best, most appealing way possible. I believe that the design of your website is just as important as the work, because clients won't just see the website as a way to display your work, but as a piece of work its self. The better designed the website is the better it is for the business.

Here is an example of a website that I thought was very well designed. It really stood out to me because of the little details that were payed attention to. I think that this company did a very good job at promoting the quality of work that the business is capable of.


Do you know of any well designed websites that you want to share?


2 comments:

  1. I agree with you suite mate, I hate those designers or photographers, that only have a Facebook page to show their work, if you want the best for your work, you have to pay a little bit.

    http://www.a2manos.com.mx/

    that one is one of my favorite web sites

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, having your own site is the best way to go. I don't have one as of yet, but I will by the time I graduate, no doubt about it. The website is going to be the first thing noticed (probably) if that's where you direct your reviewer to see your portfolio, and though you might have some nice works in it, a bad looking website will probably be a pretty big turnoff to a future employer.

    ReplyDelete