Monday, November 7, 2011

Danielle Schindler’s Post

I came across several different information design posters that had interesting information in it, but for some reason, the one with the ice cream caught my attention. This information design looks like a old fashion Diner Menu because of the font, the graphics, and even the color choices. But when you look closer, you see that it is a guide book to make certain frozen desserts. Something that I appreciate about this poster is the overall theme of it, and I also appreciate how the designer did not just tell you what is in each dessert, but rather, the designer made  the dessert much like a chart. They individually broke up the ingredients of each dessert so one can see that ratio of how much of one item to put into their dessert. This chart does not have any life changing information on it, but I think it is a simple, fun, and interesting way to share how to make some of peoples favorite desserts.

6 comments:

  1. This is such a neat idea. Like Danielle said, "it doesn't have any life changing information", but it's a fun way to get information out that I'm sure people could take something from. It looks like it's very easy to follow and understand. I also like the old fashioned style in which it is presented. If I came across this poster, I would definitely be drawn to take a closer look at all of the information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fantastic poster! I really love how they break down the information for each desert and you can see what is in each one. It just makes sense because people can tell you about how to do it all they want but when you actually see it things click for you. I also love the design of the poster. It's simple and it does have the old-time look like Danielle said. I would want to read this poster if I saw it from far away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a cool poster.. even though I don't like ice cream I read the whole thing.. is really easy to understand.. the color palette its awesome.. because its colorful but still looks elegant, clean and sophisticated. Finally I really like the old-fashion style

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this poster! They broke down the information so clean, making it very easy to follow. They poster also really does remind me of an anatomy poster with the way everything is labeled. They also said just enough ingredients yet not too many so it stays simple. Like Danielle, said, it is very nice how they went with an old-time diner theme and kept the theme consistent. I also like the border colors they use with the cream and pink from the desserts. I definitely would want to read this poster with the cute ice cream graphics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is too cute. It looks like something that would be in the "Information is Beautiful" book that was shown in class! I agree with Danielle, the overall "Diner" theme of this publication was what would initially grab my attention, but also it is fun and quirky and also could be quite useful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This poster is a very fun way to show what is in the desserts listed. I often wonder how they make the shakes and stuff that I get at restaurants, and it is nice that somebody made a way to actually tell you, and they made it in such a creative and attractive way that it makes me really want to stop and look at it!

    ReplyDelete